Last night I went to the midnight premier of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part 1) and left the theater wanting more than anything to be a wizard. I had my ticket weeks in advance, watched all the previous movies, and started listening to some magic related music. It was the usual stuff: The Wizard by Black Sabbath, Do You Believe In Magic?, The Flaming Lips' album At War With The Mystics, etc. But that wasn't quite cutting it. Then I remembered a band I had heard of a while back; Harry & The Potters. I had dismissed them as a comical example of how creative fans can get. Seeing that I didn't have any of their albums, I thought I might as well get some. That's how I found Wizard Rock. That's right, Wizard Rock; music about and inspired by the Harry Potter books. Did you know there are over 70 bands in the genre? That's alot for a 'gag genre'. But here's the thing: its not a gag, these people make real music. Ok, so Harry & The Potters' first album isn't a great example, but later in their discography they really pull it together. So how about this: if you saw Deathly Hallows Pt.1, are going to see it, or have any vague interest in this sort of thing, listen to some Wizard Rock (conveniently provided for you here). If you like the bands, the rest of their music is just a google away. Wands at the ready. Swish and flick!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/fzkalwqvb8yy7d5/Wizard%20Rock.rar
Also: When did Ginny Weasly get so attractive?

No comments:
Post a Comment